Background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful

My heart has been very full the last few weeks and I feel like I need to get it out there somewhere. As many of you know, this year has been very difficult emotionally for Jeremiah and I. With births, deaths, and other trials I feel I have grown more than ever. And now with Thanksgiving here, I've had an opportunity to realize how blessed I've been. In the midst of trials, we find out who we really are. Sometimes, we need more than 1 trial to really get a kick in the butt, which is what has happened to me. I guess it all compiled last week when Jeremiah's brother Jonathon was severely burned in an explosion at his home. It was the final emotional problem that forced me to really look at my life and especially this past year.
I am so grateful to have a husband that is overly honest with me.
Grateful for my super healthy kids and being able to constantly shop since they grow so fast.
Grateful for our home which will hopefully sell next year for what we owe on it.
Grateful for J's job that provides income, stability, insurance and the opportunity to move every three years.
Grateful for friends scattered all over the US.
Grateful for extended family that loves me and my spouse unconditionally.
Grateful for college, as difficult as it can be with two young children.
I could go on for days but I won't. The key here is that my trials have forced me to truly appreciate life. Its better than being on my deathbed and figuring all this out. Thank you to everyone in my life for making me a better person. I love you all!
Anyone who can, a donation fund has been established for Jonathon at Potlatch Federal Credit Union in Lewiston to help cover some of his medical costs. We would greatly appreciate anything you can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment