Background

Friday, February 10, 2012

6 weeks to go!

I was looking at the calendar today and I realized we have 6 weeks until we leave PCB (at least the kids and I). Depending on if I have a job waiting for me, I may stay or come back to help move out. This move is so bittersweet to me. While I have never felt like this area was "home" I have met some incredible women here that I am sad to leave.

I sat down with W today and read him a book about moving then told him we are moving to a new house close to Nana and Papa. Luckily my mom was able to send pictures of the house we will be living in and so I showed him the pictures, pointed out his new room and we talked about where all our furniture will go. We discussed that he will have a new school with lots of new friends to meet. His first question to me was "what are his friends names"? He couldn't be more excited to go. That's why Heavenly Father blessed me with him. He is a social bee just like his dad and makes all of this so much easier. We still haven't discussed the fact that daddy won't be there; kind of afraid of that conversation.

So here's to our new adventure and the final 6 weeks in PCB.

W's first trip to the beach 12/2008

My loves now 1/2012

1 comment:

  1. They are so resilient. I was surprised how well the girls went without Brendan. We had pictures up and they gave the pictures a kiss goodnight for daddy. We always talked about "when daddy gets back we can..." which helped. You'll be fine, just keep yourself sane and they will take the lead from you. Then again, I only had to do 6 months.....

    ReplyDelete