Background

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Smoothies

This morning as I was making my smoothie, W asked if he could have some also. Of course I was excited because how else am I going to get him to eat greens. I poured him a glass and he drank it down and asked for more. Then he asked if we could have them again for breakfast tomorrow. Can't wait to whip up something good for him! As far as the ACV, I swear by it! I have never felt better. It stabilizes my blood sugar and has quenched every sugar craving that has come my way. Daily sodas were a horrible habit of mine and I kept stopping and starting and I swore this year I would stop drinking sodas. Didn't take me too long. I have soda in the house with absolutely no desire to drink it. We went out to dinner a few nights ago and I could barely finish the soda I ordered. One goal down, millions more to go! :)

So as I was cleaning and reading to B this morning a thought came to me that I feel inspired to share. Life's hardships should not be based upon difficulties that enter our lives, but rather the blessings that go from our lives. Considering my future circumstances, every time I think of how hard my day is, a good friend calls to get together or J walks in the door, blessings that make my life bearable. In a few months those things are going to be temporarily not possible. And before you think I am pitying myself, let me tell you, I am blessed beyond what I feel I have earned. I have two beautiful, healthy children, loving parents that have and will continue to drop everything to help me, and lifelong friendships that distance cannot tear apart. Yes, I may face incredible hardships in the next few months and following year, but life is actually coming together pretty awesomely. We have a great rental house, I have the kids preschool/daycare figured out, and I am cautiously optimistic about finding a job. Life is hard and requires constant work toward improvement, but if we stop recognizing the beauty of life, our purpose in life becomes questionable.

Love your life, love your family, love your friends. Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you. Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your commonsense. Never let your praying knees get lazy and love like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment