I know I tell everyone that going from 1 baby to 2 was harder than 0 to 1, but there are a few things I have found easier. To give hope to those with one baby and considering another, here is my list so far.
-Going to the bathroom without putting the baby down.
-Not running into strangers with the stroller. *However, a double is much harder than a single and I said running into strangers, not Wyatt or myself (which happens frequently).
-Functioning on broken sleep. I don't think I ever returned to a healthy sleep pattern after W anyway so the lack of sleep didn't bother me as much with B.
-Feeding B while getting lunch for W and talking on the phone. Seems like everyone wants your attention at the exact same time.
-Making up swear words, or at least finding replacements. Every time I get angry while driving, W now yells out, "You're driving me CRAZY!"
-Acting stupid. Believe it or not, babies and toddlers love this. Jumping around acting silly makes both W and B crack up and nothing is better than a laughing baby!!!
Well, in other news, W had his 3rd birthday. We had 13 kids here for a pool party on Saturday and it couldn't have been more fun. I encouraged all the kids to wear floaties so we wouldn't have any incidents. My cake was quite the fiasco, but turned out great in the end. Then I had to endure W for two days after that crying and complaining trying to come off of his "all about me" sugared-up pedestal. Oh the joys of Motherhood! I just keep telling myself, "It's just a phase".
Also, due to all the cake and joys of birthdays, I totally ruined my diet and exercise routine. I was averaging 2 pounds a week weight loss, and this week lost none. Didn't gain any either though so I guess I should consider that an accomplishment. My exercise has decreased though and that's not good for anyone (I get very agitated if I don't get a good workout every morning). So, I'm at it again.
I LOVE my natural and organic changes. Everything tastes so much better and my cravings are slowly changing from processed candy to fruit, cheese, and granola. I could eat that all day long! I also feel better knowing that what is going into/onto my body is healthier and better for me in the long run.
Here are some pictures from W's Birthday:





Happy Birthday Wyatt!!!! Looks like it was a blast!!!!
ReplyDelete