Background

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dresses

Here are some of the dresses I've been busy making for B. They're called pillowcase dresses but I don't use pillowcases. Organic clothing is the best choice (especially since it can withstand more washes than other clothing) but next best is homemade clothing. This is because store bought clothing has added chemicals and starches to stiffen the fabric. The flame retardant they put on children's clothing is the worst though. It's important to be careful what you use to clothe your children and yourself because it's on you and you're breathing the "fumes" from it all day long. Soaking clothing in vinegar water overnight is a great way to remove chemical buildup and stains. Baking soda is another option but it takes a few washes to get rid of all the residue. We just bought Ecos detergent but are finishing up the rest of our Cheer before we start to use it. I'll let you know how it works. Oxy-clean is another great choice for spot cleaning, especially for the stains kids end up with since they are organic (blood, snot, bodily fluids, grass, etc).

Anyway, here are the dresses. Super cute, super easy. That's my kind of sewing!

1 comment:

  1. ok those are so dang cute!! I LOVE that one on the far right with the brown & orange So cute! I might need a sewing lesson when I get there!

    ReplyDelete