Background

Friday, September 10, 2010

It's been awhile

Well, it's been too long since I updated everyone on my progress. The weight loss continues on a slow, but steady pace. P90X is a great workout but doesn't work very well for a busy mom. The workouts are a little too long for me so I condense them. I also don't like how it's an hour of one body area. I like to get a full body workout, especially if I'm working out for an hour. So I'm back to running and lifting weights, and some P90X.

My no-shopping spree didn't work as well as I had hoped. I'm a bit too needy of certain items. I've definitely cut back on spending, but those dang clearance aisles get me every time. I've been trying to keep busy though so I don't wander stores. I've been making dresses for B which are turning out super cute. I'll post pictures once I get our regular computer back up and running. I rearranged some furniture and now I don't have cables long enough to hook up the desktop to the internet.

So my latest research has led me to thinking about milk, specifically organic milk. There are several benefits to organic milk. For the most part, it's because of the types of food the cow eats. Organic milk comes from cows that pasture graze. This provides several benefits to the milk. The milk ends up with more Omega-3's (which are super healthy and help fight health problems), more vitamins, more CLA, and more antioxidants. The "nutritional content found in organic milk, nearly 70% more omega-3s than in regular whole milk, and recent tests and studies showed organic milk to contain 50% more vitamin E, 75% more beta carotene, and nearly 2-3 times richer in valuable antioxidants." Consider a breastfeeding mom. It's like the difference between a mom who eats junk food and fast food, versus a mom who eats fruits and vegetables. She will still produce milk, it's just the quality and nutrients provided is vastly different. For the same reason, eating eggs and meats of animals that pasture graze are so much better as well. If you have never eaten a fresh cut of a roaming animal, you're missing out! Anyway, back to milk, we've been buying organic milk for a couple of months now and when I cook with it, the food tastes so much better. Unfortunately, I'm still addicted to my Almond Milk so I haven't drank a straight glass of it but J and W love it. We pay about $2.00 more per gallon for the organic milk, but it is definitely worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Insanity? I prefer it over P90x. Once i complete insanity I will move on to P90x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the switch to organic/local milk a couple months ago too and LOVE it! The difference between that and supermarket milk is night and day! I think it's totally worth the cost difference too!

    ReplyDelete