So my anti-spending is going surprisingly well. I have not bought anything beyond the milk and wipes earlier this week. However, today the meat man came by and gave us a deal we couldn't pass up. T-bones for $5.00 each, shrimp, angus burgers, flounder, ribeyes, lobster, and crab. That's one of the main reasons we're able to eat so well with no shopping. Our deep-freeze is FULL of wonderful food. We are going to a potluck tomorrow though and I don't think showing up with meat would be our best option. Hopefully I can pull off some tasty bread. My homemade (non-bisquick) waffles were amazing this morning!
Weight loss is still slow but steady. I ran out of diet Pepsi yesterday and am now at the mercy of orange and root beer. This morning (after my awesome waffles and banana smoothie) we went to the park and while J and W rode bikes, I did wind sprints and a killer ab workout. Then I decided to pull weeds and clean out the garage. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. I have less than 3 months to get back to pre-prego clothes. I can't wait to put on my old clothes and stop wearing the same clothes every week.
So I've also really been enjoying learning who I am. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by strong, confident women to help me become strong and confident myself. When I was younger, I was a little overly confident, but I loved it. Being comfortable with yourself is the best feeling in the world. I can't wait to get that back. Any of you that have never had that feeling, reach out for it. Our world would be so much happier if people stopped trying to be someone they are not. Be confident, be strong, and be happy. Find joy in your life and your circumstances. Life may not be great all the time, but look for opportunities for growth. I am grateful for the trials I've had in my life. Although they have left scars, it helps me progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment