Background

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This is harder than I thought!

So I'm only on day 1 and I'm already having a hard time. Since I wasn't stocked up before starting my no spending thing, I'm already running out of essentials. I'm out of milk! How could I prevent this? Milk is definitely a necessity so in times of crisis what do you do? I figured I'm breastfeeding but feeding a family of four with breastmilk almost seems cannibalistic. I don't think Jeremiah would appreciate me cooking with breastmilk either. So today I already have to make a grocery store stop. I'm not considering this a failed attempt yet. I figure as long as all I buy is milk I'm still on track. To prevent this, I think I may buy some powdered milk for emergency backup.

I'm also running low on baby wipes. I thought about doing paper towels soaked in a soapy solution but I'm pretty sure that would still be rough on B's bum. Then I thought I would just rinse her every diaper change but I'm still doing middle of the night diaper changes and I'm pretty sure that would wake her up. I don't know. Maybe I'll just pick up one pack of natural wipes for night changes and wash her for the others. More to come on that.

I'm also going to a birthday party tonight so I'm going to have to get creative on a gift. If I had flowers I'd pick them, but I'm convinced that flowers do not grow in Florida. Then I thought I'd bake some cookies but she's dieting just as hard as I am so that wouldn't be very supportive. What to do, what to do?

So I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale today that just in one day I lost nearly 2 pounds by following my plan. Maybe I'll get down to pre-prego quicker than I thought. Being accountable to so many other people is really helping me stick to my goals. Even if nobody reads this, at least it's out there.

1 comment:

  1. Well, buy the organic Milk. After reading some websites last night (I will try and remember where i was) milk is one product they say you should get organic. there are many where it doesn't matter (ones with thick skins such as Bananas, pineapples, mangoes avocados etc.)

    As for a gift, make her a card with W. Does she have kids? Give her a redeemable babysitting voucher, or "I'll cook you cookies, cake etc" voucher, sewing or mending?.

    ReplyDelete