Today starts a personal experiment. My spending habits are out of control (for me at least) so I am cutting myself off, cold turkey. I am going to see just how long I can go without spending a single penny on anything, necessity or not. This will cause me to get a little creative since I haven't stocked up on anything before I start this. I'm doing this for many reasons. First of all, if something happened and we were left without either money or stores, I want to see how we would fare. Second, like I said I cut myself off from spending. I went through a bit of a life crisis and turned to retail therapy to feel better. Now that I'm better, I need to stop reaching for the debit card so much. Third, our society tends to be very wasteful and I'm sad to say, our garbage can is always full. Being resourceful should hopefully reduce this as well. Fix it or go without I guess. According to commercials, the average American throws out $500 of food a year. I think we are a bit above average so hopefully this little experiment will teach me to use food before it goes bad.
I'll update this blog as I begin to run out of things and hopefully find replacements without having to pay for anything. This will definitely be interesting! Please support me!!!
Are you at least stocked up on diet pepsi?! :)
ReplyDelete